Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Stack switches and Aruba Central?

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Stack switches and Aruba Central?

Posted Mar 08, 2018 11:18 PM

Hi guys,

I was reading the procedure to integrate switches to Aruba Central, when I read this restriction in the 2930F User Guide, chapter 22:

Restrictions
    • Switch communication to Aruba Central is not supported via OOBM.
    • Aruba-central is not supported in FIPS switches and it will be disabled by default.
    • Aruba-central is not supported in Stack switches and it will be disabled by default.

Does this refer to VSF stack? I have also read the 3810M User Guide and it says nothing about Aruba Central. Then does this restriction also apply to backplane stacking as the case of the 3810M switch?

Please confirm as I have a customer that has bought many Aruba Central subscriptions for his VSF stacks and is waiting for the integration to Aruba Central.

Regards,

Julián

• 2.  RE: Stack switches and Aruba Central?

Posted Mar 09, 2018 05:47 PM
    Hi guys,

In case someone is interested on this my Aruba SE confirmed me that stack switches 3810M and 2930F are not supported by Aruba Central currently. Maybe they will be in the future with a new firmware release.

Regards,
    Julián

• 3.  RE: Stack switches and Aruba Central?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 03, 2018 05:09 PM

Hi Julian, 

That is correct, only the 2920 switch series currently supports stacking.

We are currently with the Central team, looking at adding more switching platforms in future software releases.

Regards, 

Justin

• 4.  RE: Stack switches and Aruba Central?

Posted Apr 03, 2018 05:13 PM

Hi Justin,

Do you know if there is an estimated time for the 3810M and 2930F switches?

Regards,

Julián

• 5.  RE: Stack switches and Aruba Central?

Posted Aug 07, 2018 02:37 AM

Someone told us it may get out this December. 

• 6.  RE: Stack switches and Aruba Central?

Posted Feb 07, 2019 09:54 AM

Hi,

Checking the Aruba Central User Guide, it says that the stack is now supported, IF the devices are using firmware WC16.06.0006 (for the 2930F, for example). The versions are already available, so we are good for that.

I'm about to add a stack for a customer, but the switches are remote, so this may be a risky operation.

Is there anyone that already did it? Any caveat? Any heads up?

Will the stack will be completely recognized? What should I do to make sure that the switch configuration that is already in place is imported to Aruba Central, and not Aruba Central pushing a blank configuration to the switch?

Thanks!

Miguel