Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Stacking S1500 Switches

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Stacking S1500 Switches

Posted May 16, 2014 09:29 AM

Within my organization, we have decided to standardize on S1500 switches. As we decide to deploy the switches throughout the environment, the issue of stacking switches came up. Just how many S1500 switches can I safely stack/daisy-chain?

• 2.  RE: Stacking S1500 Switches
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2014 09:32 AM

KeepItMobile,

It's not so much a quesiton of safety, its a question of performance. We allow up to 8 members in an ArubaStack however the stack links are only 1G so if you have a lot of inter-stack traffic, this can become a bottleneck. The same is true is you only have a single uplink off of one member, it would mean that all user traffic from the other members would have to cross the 1G stack links to get to the uplink.

Best regards,

Madani

• 3.  RE: Stacking S1500 Switches
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2014 09:33 AM

A stack can contain up to 8 S1500 switches.

• 4.  RE: Stacking S1500 Switches

Posted May 16, 2014 09:44 AM

Thanks. Taking your responses into consideration, I will minimize the stacking as much as I can. It will depend on the switch's distance from the main distribution facility.