Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Static route not shown in "sh IP Route"

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Static route not shown in "sh IP Route"

Posted Jul 15, 2020 10:43 AM

I have two Aruba 2930F configured as Core switches with VRRP.

One the master I'm able to add a static route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.15.101.251 and it is shown with the command "sh ip route".

On the backup I have the same configuration but when i add the static route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.15.101.251 it is saved in the configuration but it will not be shown with the command "sh ip route"

Also when i try to ping an ip address from backup to master, for example vlan 25 (x.x.x.254) i got the message "destination not reachable".

It looks like if the backup don't have a default gateway or route to the master.

Between the master a lacp trunk is created, with all vlan's tagged.

Does anyone has a solution to this problem?

• 2.  RE: Static route not shown in "sh IP Route"

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 15, 2020 02:17 PM

Can you show us how you configured VRRP between your two Aruba 2930F (obfuscating sensible details like Serial Numbers, Names and MAC Addresses)?

• 3.  RE: Static route not shown in "sh IP Route"

Posted Jul 16, 2020 07:30 AM

If you do a show running does the backup route show?  I ran into a similar issue where the backup wouldn't show but if I looked at the exported config file I could see it in there.

• 4.  RE: Static route not shown in "sh IP Route"

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 18, 2020 04:32 AM

do you have check the vlan interface where is the network 10.15.101.x on backup switch ?

• 5.  RE: Static route not shown in "sh IP Route"
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 21, 2020 06:57 AM

Two reasons why that can happen:

a) The vlans on the backup router are DOWN because they are not tagged/untagged to a port that is UP

b) The backup router doesn't have an IP address on the same subnet as 10.15.101.251 so it can't be reached directly

Both can be verified with the command show vlan custom id name status ipconfig ipaddr ipmask state

If you can't ping from the backup to the master then it's an issue of any of the above. No IP address on the VLAN so it won't reach the Master through the VLAN intended or the VLAN is not corretly tagged/untagged to the Master.

Anywho, maybe you should consider creating a VSF stack between both 2930F and avoid the hassle of running VRRP.

Cheers,

Aarón