Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Switch

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Switch

Posted Jan 07, 2014 09:06 AM

When you deploy a network what kind of switch you use, Cisco, D-Link, Brocade or something else?

• 2.  RE: Switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 07, 2014 09:07 AM

Aruba Mobility Access Switches 

• 3.  RE: Switch

Posted Jan 07, 2014 09:19 AM

Did you use Aruba Access Switche for a big network? I never user Aruba Mobility Access Swtiches it is a good products?

• 4.  RE: Switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 07, 2014 09:24 AM

Our entire campus uses them on the edge. We have 91 stacks totaling just over 325 switches. 

Best edge switch we've ever had. We are able to apply the same policy to wired users as we do on the wireless with user-roles.

Also, it's hard to find a 48 port, gigabit, full POE switch with stacking and 10G uplinks for the price.

• 5.  RE: Switch

Posted Jan 07, 2014 09:26 AM

Do you recommend this switch even if no Aruba access point is installed?

• 6.  RE: Switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 07, 2014 09:27 AM

Yes.

• 7.  RE: Switch

Posted Jan 08, 2014 06:24 PM

Someone else to have an opinion?

• 8.  RE: Switch

Posted Jan 10, 2014 05:18 AM

I would also vote for Aruba switches because of its profile base configuration. Although it is difficult to understand 1st time but once you are use to with it. You will be in ease.

• 9.  RE: Switch

Posted Feb 11, 2017 11:11 AM

Usually, I use Aruba 2530 for access switch. Great feature, reasonable price and also limited lifetime warranty.