Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Occasional Contributor II

Re: Switches suddenly show up as 24 port stack ports?

Madani - These switches are at the core and distro layer. Anything that's plugged into it is pretty much on 24/7 so I am not worried about port fast. All the servers are virtual so the ports connect to virtual switches.

The APs are currently tunneled but I plan on converting them to bridge mode down the road. The 3600 Controller is becoming a more of a bottle neck as the density of the wireless network increases every year.

I haven't looked into the group settings yet, but I probably should.

As far as the stack settings, I added the settings for 2 and 3 during the troubleshooting of the issue. I understand the point preemption but I really hope that I don't have to worry about the primary failing all the time. I am hoping the only time it ever switches roles in the stack is when I unplug the switch during a maintenance window. I like knowing that 0 should be the primary. If the client calls and says they are experiencing an issue, I can have them read out the displays on the switches over the phone and know if there is an issue with the stack when they tell me that 1,2 or 3 says primary.

I upgraded the stack to 7.2.2.2 just now . I read through the release notes but I did not find any mention of this issue.

Hopefully the firmware takes care of it.

Thanks everyone!

Aruba

CoolNAK/NeumontU,

Our development engineers continue to examine the logs that we have from the case NeumontU opened. We are also trying to replicate the issue in house. The recommendation to upgrade to 7.2.2.2 is based upon the fact that we did address some stacking related issues in that release which could be related the problem you both encountered. At the very least, upgrading eliminates those issues from the equation so to speak. Once I have more details from engineering on what we have determined from the logs, I promise to circle back on this thread.

Best regards,

Madani

Aruba

CoolNAK/NeumontU,

Engineering continues to dig into this issue and some data in the logs has shifted their focus to the stack link state of the primary member switch. Obviously both your environments are functioning right now (I hope) so this may not give us much data but could you send me either here or through private message the output of the following:

(host) #show stacking interface member all | include "Link flaps"

Best regards,

Madani

Occasional Contributor I

Here is my output:

(ArubaS2500-48P-US) #show stacking interface member all | include "Link flaps"
Speed: 10 Gbps, MTU: 9224 bytes, Link flaps: 0
Speed: N/A, MTU: 9224 bytes, Link flaps: 0

I did learn the other day that the night before we found our network like this our cable installer came in and tested many of our fiber pairs between each floor (which means he unplugged the connection briefly for the certification test).

Aruba

NeumontU,

Thanks for the info. It looks like two of the stack links are down. Is that expected for your topology?

Best regards,

Madani

Occasional Contributor I

At this time, yes it is - in the coming weeks that will be fixed.

(PTHS-ArubaCore) # show stacking interface member all | include "Link flaps"
Speed: 10 Gbps, MTU: 9224 bytes, Link flaps: 3895
Speed: 10 Gbps, MTU: 9224 bytes, Link flaps: 24
Speed: 10 Gbps, MTU: 9224 bytes, Link flaps: 1

Aruba

CoolNAK,

Are this link flaps value incrementing?

Speed: 10 Gbps, MTU: 9224 bytes, Link flaps: 3895

Speed: 10 Gbps, MTU: 9224 bytes, Link flaps: 24

What type of SFP is this? How long has the stack been up?

Best regards,

Madani

This is the Connection between 1 and 2. I checked the values again and they are all the same. The stack was rebooted a day ago for the firmware upgrade.

--------
Vendor Name               : FINISAR CORP.
Vendor Part Number        : FTLX1371D3BCL
Aruba Supported:          : YES
Cable Type                : 10GBASE-LRM
Connector Type            : LC
Wave Length               : 1310 nm

Aruba

Okay, that is a lot of flaps for such a short period of time. It is also interesting to see it only affect one side of the link. Would you mind sending the "show stacking interface member all". I'm interested to see if you're taking errors on that link.

You previously said this: "The switches #0 and #1 are connected by the stacking cable switches #2 and #3 are connected by 10Gb LRM fiber." So #2 is connected to #1 and looking at the WebUI sample you provided, #3 is connected back to #0 correct? Since there is no redundant path for switch #2, have you had any network connectivity complaints today? What can you tell me about the fiber? What type (FDDI/OM1/OM2)? Distances?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: