Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Trunk from stacked cluster to Palo Alto Active/Standby

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Trunk from stacked cluster to Palo Alto Active/Standby

Posted Sep 02, 2020 03:35 AM

Hello, sorry maybe that was aked before but i not found an answer and i am new to aruba. 

I have to 3510M Switches stacked together and facing problem in the communication to a palo alto firewall cluster that is in active standby. 

One Interface of each Stack memeber goes to one Palo Alto but both are in the same Trunk Group 

trunk 1/16,2/16 trk16 trunk

For my understanding the palo alto not can not handle that. I am not sure if the best solution would be to have 2 seperate trunks and connect each trunk to one firewall

trunk 1/16 trk16 trunk

trunk 2/16 trk17 trunk

Would this be a working solution? 

Thanks and regards

Marco

• 2.  RE: Trunk from stacked cluster to Palo Alto Active/Standby

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 02, 2020 04:32 AM

It is the best option. However I see trk16 and trk17 having a unique interface, which is a SPOF. I strongly recommend to add a second interface/port to each trunk.

• 3.  RE: Trunk from stacked cluster to Palo Alto Active/Standby

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 02, 2020 06:33 AM

Hi! your scenario admits that a specific ports aggregation originating from each one Palo Alto firewall terminates its member links - equally distributed I would say - into each switch of the stack. Not the contrary (originating from any stack member, which would be supported, and terminating equally to both firewalls...which is not supported by a LACP/Non Protocol port aggregation approach standpoint). That's because you have to think your firewalls as separated nodes (despite you're dealing with an Active/Standby cluster).