Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Tunneled Node - WebCC

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Tunneled Node - WebCC

Posted Nov 11, 2018 07:20 PM

NOt sure I am posting in the right category.

Has anyone deployed Tunneled Node (Per-User or Per-Port) and leveraged User Roles with WEB-CC Application Policy on the controller where the Tunnel terminates?

The user role I apply on the controller side does work but it seems to ignore WebCC policy. I think it is becuase the WebCC licenses are not applied. I cannot figure out how to apply them. 

These are dedicated Tunneled Node controller with no AP terminating. 

• 2.  RE: Tunneled Node - WebCC

Posted Nov 11, 2018 07:22 PM

Answering part of my own question. I will post back once I get WebCC working.

AurubaOS Guide:

Using WebCC in a Wired-Only Topology

The WebCC feature is most commonly used in network topologies that supports wireless clients. A wireless topology requires a WebCC license to be installed on Mobility Master, enabled via the root licensing pool, and also requires that the number of WebCC licenses on Mobility Master is equal to or greater than the number of AP licenses on Mobility Master. However, if you use WebCC in a topology with only wired clients connected to a VPN concentrator (VPNC) or a managed device, then you can use the WebCC feature without installing a WebCC license just by enabling this feature via the root licensing pool. Note, however, that the WebCC feature is not supported if there are any AP licenses on Mobility Master in this type of wired-only topology, as the number of WebCC licenses (in this case, 0) must still be equal to or greater than the number of AP licenses.

• 3.  RE: Tunneled Node - WebCC

Posted Nov 12, 2018 02:21 PM

Follow-up

I have AP licenses registered to the MM. Per the documentation in my last Post, the wired-tn controllers will not utilize the Web-CC license. 

• 4.  RE: Tunneled Node - WebCC
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 19, 2018 06:55 AM

Wrapping up my own inquiry. 

Built a new MM, no AP licesenses. No WebCC license. I did have to apply PEF so I could still generate custom User Roles. This worked. I was able to apply WebCC policy to the Tunneled Node wired devices.