Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to add ROOT CA to my switch.

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Unable to add ROOT CA to my switch.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 13, 2019 06:09 AM
      |   view attached

Hi All,

I am trying to install this Root CA on my switch but the switch keeps throwing me an Invalid TA certificate error. Can someone take a look into the certificate and tell me if I'm missing something here.

This only happens on the switch, I tried to upload the same certificate to CPPM and it goes through and any certificate signed by this Root CA also goes through.

Attachment(s)

zip
    CERTS.zip   1 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Unable to add ROOT CA to my switch.

Posted Mar 13, 2019 12:50 PM

I have just done this as I needed it for Downloadable User Roles.

I think your problem is that you exported the certficate in some other format. You need to export in base64 encoded format, or the switch will not accept it. Base64 is NOT the deafult option if you use Windows to export the certificate. You have to select it.

However, if you need the certificate for Downloadable User Roles you can just upgrade the switches to 16.08 and they will be able to download/install the CA from Clearpass automaticly, the first time a client validates/connects. I just tested this and it works.

If you go that route, remember to add the clearpass parameter to the radius-server command or the switch will not know that it can download the certificate.

Example:

radius-server host 1.1.1.1 clearpass

• 3.  RE: Unable to add ROOT CA to my switch.

MVP GURU
    Posted Mar 14, 2019 07:58 AM

@MartinThinggaardMadsen wrote:

However, if you need the certificate for Downloadable User Roles you can just upgrade the switches to 16.08 and they will be able to download/install the CA from Clearpass automaticly, the first time a client validates/connects. I just tested this and it works.

If you go that route, remember to add the clearpass parameter to the radius-server command or the switch will not know that it can download the certificate.

Example:

radius-server host 1.1.1.1 clearpass

Need to be supported by the switch...

• 4.  RE: Unable to add ROOT CA to my switch.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 14, 2019 02:33 PM

Greetings!

If you are running both ArubaOS-Switch 16.08.0001 or later, and ClearPass 6.7.8 or later, the certificate provided by ClearPass for the automatic download feature should be in the correct format.