Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Upcoming community maintenance Oct. 27th through Oct. 29th
For more info click here
Highlighted
Contributor I

Unable to connect through snmp and access control list for vlan

Have a strange issue. We have five 2930m switch stacks throughout our buildings that we just finished installing a couple of days ago. I am able to connect to snmp on the switches and pull info, except one of our switch stacks. All settings look the same across stacks, but when I try to connect to the one I get an unable to connect or snmp. I can ping, telnet, and access the web interface. Noticed that there is an access list for one of the vlans on the switch. Not sure how it got there, but can't remove it. Doesn't seem to be causing any issues, but not sure if that is what is causing the snmp issue? The first one below is a port query for a switch stack I can connect to snmp on and the second port query below is for the stack I can't connect to. Looking at the web interface things seem the same for snmp settings. Not sure if there is somewhere else I need to look?

Switch stack snmp working

TCP port 161 (unknown service): FILTERED

UDP port 161 (snmp service): LISTENING or FILTERED

Sending SNMP query to UDP port 161...

UDP port 161 is LISTENING

Switch stack snmp not working

TCP port 161 (unknown service): NOT LISTENING

UDP port 161 (snmp service): LISTENING or FILTERED

Sending SNMP query to UDP port 161...

UDP port 161 (snmp service): FILTERED

Thank you and appreciate any help and suggestions

Highlighted
MVP Guru Elite

Re: Unable to connect through snmp and access control list for vlan

Can you share the snmp configuration of switch ? and also there is no ip authorized configuration on the switch?

PowerArubaSW: Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP... More info

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...) More info

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)

PowerArubaIAP: Powershell Module to use Aruba Instant AP

PowerArubaMC: Powershell Module to use Mobility Controller / Master

ACMP 6.4 / ACMX #107 / ACCP 6.5 / ACSP
Highlighted
Contributor I

Basically using default out of the box the settings to get the connection tested. snmp-server community "public" unrestricted. No IP authorized configuration on the switch. 

Highlighted
MVP Guru Elite

there is the same firmware ?

it is no a routing issue ? (missing the default gateway ?)

PowerArubaSW: Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP... More info

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...) More info

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)

Highlighted
Contributor I

Everything is same between the stacks. I can connect to all protocols on switch except snmp. Switch is using V2 of snmp. Stumped!

Highlighted
MVP Guru Elite

what output of show snmp-server ?

Highlighted
Contributor I

Strange, but resolved the issue. Not sure why but the windows firewall on the computer was causing the issue with just that one switch stack. Everything is the same between all stacks and switches, but that one had an issue.