Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to form tunneled-node tunnel to Central managed controller

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Unable to form tunneled-node tunnel to Central managed controller

Posted Apr 26, 2020 08:53 AM

Trying to do user based tunneling from 2930F directly connected to a Central managed 9004. I'm able to ping the 9004's controller IP and ssh to it from the 2930F, but when I set the IP as controller IP I'm only getting this in the 2930F debug:

0010:02:00:29.44 TNT mtnodeUserCtrl:UserTNode: Info: Special Bootstrap request is sent to 10.133.102.130

2930F is left in "In Progress" state after that and nothing happens. If I try to use the LAN IP address of the controller it goes further to form a tunnel but then complains that the LAN IP is not the controller IP.

2930F is assigned a role that has allowall policy in it.

Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: Unable to form tunneled-node tunnel to Central managed controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 28, 2020 07:25 PM

Can you share a sanitized switch config and the output of "show tunneled-node-server state"?

• 3.  RE: Unable to form tunneled-node tunnel to Central managed controller
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 29, 2020 03:34 AM

State was "In Progress". I did a wireshark capture from the switch and seems that the gateway always responded with it's LAN IP address. I had configured 10.30.24.3 on the LAN interface gi0/0/2, (VRRP with .1) and my system IP was 10.30.65.1 on VLAN 3365 (which was forced up)

I could see that whenever I tried to form the connection to any of the controller's IP address, the controller responded from IP 10.30.24.3

I upgraded the software to an "early release" version of 8.5.0.0-2.0.0.4_75023, then booted the gw obviously. Not sure whether the firmware upgrade helped, but after that the controller started to respond with 10.30.65.1. So it's working now.