Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Using a Domain with Traffic Classes

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Using a Domain with Traffic Classes

Posted Sep 03, 2020 06:29 PM

I am looking at adding traffic classes to a 2930F switch for user roles, however, instead of adding IPv4 addresses, I'd like to add domain names. The reason being is that the cloud service I use, uses a CDN and AWS hosting. They list IP ranges but specify that they are subject to change.

I have IAPs and I am able to allow "*.domain.com" in the roles. This works well with the cloud service.

All the documentation that I've read so far refers to IP addresses. Any suggestions or recommendations would be helpful! Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Using a Domain with Traffic Classes

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 04, 2020 02:11 AM

Hi,

I think, it is not possible on this switch.

• 3.  RE: Using a Domain with Traffic Classes

Posted Sep 13, 2020 08:14 PM

Hi.

Thanks for getting back to me. Any alternative suggestions when using a service who's IPs might change without notice?

Thanks.

• 4.  RE: Using a Domain with Traffic Classes

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 15, 2020 02:07 AM

terminate session on Aruba Controller, it will be possible to use DNS entry for ACL