Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

VLAN when clearpass is unavailible

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  VLAN when clearpass is unavailible

Posted Nov 18, 2019 08:46 AM

Hello i have a question if clearpass becomes unavailible.

I have some specific clients that i want to put in a specific VLAN when clearpass is unreachable. Now im using DUR for the access points at this moment. 

So i tried the Critical VLAN feature locally on the switchport. But his is not allowed because i use User roles already.

Now i figured out that i can create another DUR with critical VLAN for this specific clients. Im still need to test if his is supported with DUR but it works with local role. 

Now my question is, Besides of the "special clients", what is the best way to configure a fallback option to a guest VLAN for all other clients when clearpass is unavailible? Can this be done in a global way (without overwrite of the specials )? 

I know about the fallback with "aaa authentication port-acces eap-radius authorized" But i guess this will put the client in de default VLAN, and i dont want to change this on all ports. 

So maybe i have to use the Auth-VID here. But is this the best way to do this in like a global role for all other clients?

Can you advise what is a solid solution for this?

• 2.  RE: VLAN when clearpass is unavailible

Posted Nov 22, 2019 04:32 AM

Can someone advise here please?

• 3.  RE: VLAN when clearpass is unavailible

MVP GURU
    Posted Nov 22, 2019 03:06 PM

Hi,

There is a option to set a default User Role when CPPM is not available (need a firmware with 16.08)

• 4.  RE: VLAN when clearpass is unavailible

Posted Nov 28, 2019 08:35 AM

What is the name of this option? Any example commands?

• 5.  RE: VLAN when clearpass is unavailible

MVP GURU
    Posted Nov 28, 2019 08:56 AM