Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

VRF number for Aruba 8400 and 8320

Does anybody know how many VRFs can be created and used simultaneously in an Aruba 8400 and 8320 for the last version of firmware AOS-CX v10.01?

Regards

PS: If you feel this information is useful and solved your question or problem, please do not forget to mark it as a solution and give me some kudos.

Re: VRF number for Aruba 8400 and 8320

Thanks for your answer Vincent.

Do you have a document to support your answer?

Regards

PS: If you feel this information is useful and solved your question or problem, please do not forget to mark it as a solution and give me some kudos.
Aruba Employee

Hi Pedro,

You can trust Vincent :-) This is from one of the presentations that we presented during Atmosphere EMEA 2018.

Kind regards,

Dik

Hi Dik,

I have sent you an internal message. I would really appreciate your help.

Regards

Hi Vincent,
I was given access to the Atmosphere 2018 presentations and in one of them (Anatomy of the Aruba 8400 and 8320 with ArubaOS-CX" by Scott Koster) I found the same slide with a big star that says "coming soon".
Wich presentation is more recent: EMEA Webinar or Atmosphere?, I am a bit confused, is 32 VRF-Lite instances an available feature for this AOS-CX version or is a future one?
Regards

Hi Vincent.
I have one more question.
As far as I have seen, VRF and VRF-Lite are two different features:
https://ipwithease.com/vrf-vs-vrf-lite/
What I have asked is about VRF (not VRF-Lite). Can you confirm me that Aruba 8400 and 8320 implement the complete VRF feature?
Regards

Hello,

I will not comment on the accuracy of using VRF word in the blog you refer to, instead of less confusing wording like MPBGP/L3VPN. Bottomline for 10.1:

8320/8400 supports 32 VRFs, and does not support yet MPBGP/L3VPN.

When and which version will support MPBGP/L3VPN, please connect to the ATM speaker Scott Koster, who owns the software roadmap.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Vincent, 

Do you know if the number of VRF have been Up more than 32 in the new arubaOS-CX (10.03)? 

They are no informations in datasheet or others docs..

Thank you. 

Sébastien

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: