Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Highlighted

VSX for 8320 and OOBM port

Hi community,

When you virtualize 2 Aruba 8320 using VSX, what happens with each 10/100/1000Base-T RJ-45 Out-of-Band Management (OOBM) port?.

Both are active simultaneously?, just one?, each one have a different IP address?.

Can anybody explain me how they work during virtualization and what happens with them if both members of VsX splits?

Regards

PS: If you feel this information is useful and solved your question or problem, please do not forget to mark it as a solution and give me some kudos.
MVP Expert

Re: VSX for 8320 and OOBM port

VSX and VSX nodes' OoBM ports are independents.

OoBM ports, as usual, should be configured with IP Addresses you plan to use for switch/network management (at least I did so) and then you can control each VSX member through the mgmt VRF which own, separately on each Aruba 8320, the OoBM port.

Reference: Aruba 832x Fundamentals Guide for ArubaOS-CX 10.02 (Initial configuration -> Configuring the management interface).

Basically look at OoBM port like having another logical "one-port switch" inside the Aruba 8320 which you connect to in order to manage (out-of-band) switch VRFs and any other Switch/VSX configuration.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: