Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

VSX keepalive configuration on 8320

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  VSX keepalive configuration on 8320

Posted Feb 19, 2020 04:21 AM

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to configure the keepalive for vsx on the mgmt ports and connect the two 8320 directly through their mgmt ports.

If it is not possible. What is the best way to configure the keepalive without a dedicated port? (Seems a waste to configure SFP+ port just for that).

Is it ok to configure it on my Interface VLAN (for management) and hope the keepalive traffic could traverse through the third switch that connects to both 8320? Cause it suppose to shutdown those ports in a split-brain situation.

• 2.  RE: VSX keepalive configuration on 8320
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 19, 2020 04:23 AM

Keepalive over OOBM is a roadmap item I can not discuss in this forum.

Regarding the dedicated port for keepalive. This is a recommendation for simplification and robustness, not a must. If you prefer to have keepalive transiting over upstream L3 network, this is possible under some restrictions: uplinks should not be VSX LAGS.

Please read the VSX Best Practice Appendix D

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=a00094242en_us

This is explained in details.

• 3.  RE: VSX keepalive configuration on 8320

Posted Feb 19, 2020 06:14 AM

Thank you.

I will use dedicated L3 link for that, according to the document you attached.