Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

aaa authentication for local users - 2930F switches

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  aaa authentication for local users - 2930F switches

Posted Jul 09, 2020 11:29 PM

Hi,

What is an equivalent command - aaa authentication allow-fail-through for 2930F Aruba switches?

I want to tell the 2930F switch - Use first local configured user credentials. If this fails then use the radius server.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: aaa authentication for local users - 2930F switches
    Best Answer

• 3.  RE: aaa authentication for local users - 2930F switches

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 14, 2020 04:59 AM

I don't think you can set the order, radius or TACACS will be first, local can be set as a backup. You could have your partner or Aruba SE file an enhancement request in the Aruba Innovation Zone.

• 4.  RE: aaa authentication for local users - 2930F switches

Posted Jul 17, 2020 03:18 AM

That's right there is no facility in 2930F devices to set order. I think this has been rectified in CX switches. 

I don't get it, what you mean - You could have your partner or Aruba SE file an enhancement request in the Aruba Innovation Zone.

What's the Aruba innovation zone?

Thanks.

• 5.  RE: aaa authentication for local users - 2930F switches

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 17, 2020 03:51 AM

Innovation Zone is a system where Aruba Partners, Resellers and Distributors as well Aruba employees have access to.

You can reach out to your partner/reseller or if you have direct contacts with the local sales team of Aruba in your region reach out to them so they can file a feature enhancement request.

• 6.  RE: aaa authentication for local users - 2930F switches

Posted Jul 17, 2020 03:54 AM

Got it.

Thank you.

• 7.  RE: aaa authentication for local users - 2930F switches
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 18, 2020 04:37 AM

Yes, it is not supported on ArubaOS switch but there is the option now on ArubaCX Switch

for IAP, it is enable by default (and for Aruba Controller, there is a settings for this)