Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Upcoming community maintenance Oct. 27th through Oct. 29th
For more info click here
Highlighted
Contributor I

aaa authentication for local users - 2930F switches

Hi,

What is an equivalent command - aaa authentication allow-fail-through for 2930F Aruba switches?

I want to tell the 2930F switch - Use first local configured user credentials. If this fails then use the radius server.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor I

Re: aaa authentication for local users - 2930F switches

Highlighted
MVP Guru Elite

Yes, it is not supported on ArubaOS switch but there is the option now on ArubaCX Switch

for IAP, it is enable by default (and for Aruba Controller, there is a settings for this)

PowerArubaSW: Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP... More info

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...) More info

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)

PowerArubaIAP: Powershell Module to use Aruba Instant AP

PowerArubaMC: Powershell Module to use Mobility Controller / Master

ACMP 6.4 / ACMX #107 / ACCP 6.5 / ACSP

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Contributor I

Highlighted
MVP Guru

I don't think you can set the order, radius or TACACS will be first, local can be set as a backup. You could have your partner or Aruba SE file an enhancement request in the Aruba Innovation Zone.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Highlighted
Contributor I

That's right there is no facility in 2930F devices to set order. I think this has been rectified in CX switches. 

I don't get it, what you mean - You could have your partner or Aruba SE file an enhancement request in the Aruba Innovation Zone.

What's the Aruba innovation zone?

Thanks.

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Innovation Zone is a system where Aruba Partners, Resellers and Distributors as well Aruba employees have access to.

You can reach out to your partner/reseller or if you have direct contacts with the local sales team of Aruba in your region reach out to them so they can file a feature enhancement request.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Highlighted
Contributor I

Got it.

Thank you.

Highlighted
MVP Guru Elite

Yes, it is not supported on ArubaOS switch but there is the option now on ArubaCX Switch

for IAP, it is enable by default (and for Aruba Controller, there is a settings for this)

PowerArubaSW: Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP... More info

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...) More info

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)

PowerArubaIAP: Powershell Module to use Aruba Instant AP

PowerArubaMC: Powershell Module to use Mobility Controller / Master

ACMP 6.4 / ACMX #107 / ACCP 6.5 / ACSP

View solution in original post

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: