Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

connection between core and distribution switches

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  connection between core and distribution switches

MVP
    Posted May 24, 2019 09:51 PM

I've just encountered following problem: Aruba does not provide such command and "no switchport" on Cisco to make L3 connections between core and distribution switches. For this purpose its needed to use VLANs and, per my understanding, there is no way to disable spanning tree on such certain VLANs. As a result spatting tree will block one of lines on the picture

HPE_discuss_STP_v1.0.pngWhat is the solution to described case to prevent spattining tree doing such blocking (in my case I use Aruba 3810M-16SFP+-2-slot).

• 2.  RE: connection between core and distribution switches

MVP GURU
    Posted May 25, 2019 04:01 AM
    There are various approaches (MSTP, as example)...what do you really want to achieve? what do you really want to avoid? what is your real desired network topology? How you plan to interconnect your Aruba 3810M Switches together (Backplane Stacking? Standalone?)? do you really need the topology drawn? if so MSTP (Multiple STP) could contain the answer you're looking for.

Please try to re-read what you write before posting: writing "spatting" and "spattining" tree instead of writing spanning tree (or, better, instead of just referring to STP or its other supported variants like RSTP, MSTP)... aren't words nearly impossible to read these days!

• 3.  RE: connection between core and distribution switches

MVP
    Posted May 25, 2019 07:57 AM

please no need to ask from me on to the free forum to do spelling check, which should be done and highlighted by this service (and not done)

and suggestion to you as well: please respect everyone who registered on this forum.

cheers.

• 4.  RE: connection between core and distribution switches

MVP GURU
    Posted May 25, 2019 08:07 AM
    Spell checking? are you joking? for spell checking there is Google, if you really want/need.

I was respectful enough (IMHO), indeed I wrote you a (polite IMHO) suggestion starting with "Please..." not with anything else potentially unpolite.

In the end, the gist of your request was provided with good tips (and some questions to be answered too to clarify better what you want to achieve).