Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

error fetching configuration

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  error fetching configuration

Posted Jul 11, 2016 03:45 PM

Hello all,

Hopefully I am posting this in the right location. Anyway. We are currently in the process of deploying some juniper switches. When we go to add them to Airwave, it gives us a "(Error fetching existing configuration)". The strange thing that i have found, is they work if i put it under a "universal network device", but if i put them under a switch/router or juniper switch it gives me the error. I have ensured that all the SNMP information is correct. I'm not sure what group settings i should be looking at, but they all seem to be correct.

I did read somewhere that you might have to force SSH, which it looked like it was enabled,in the group settings, but just to be safe i enabled telnet on the switch just to see if it would work, and it still wouldn't fetch the config. I'm at a lost. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris W

• 2.  RE: error fetching configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 13, 2016 10:14 PM

What model switch is this and what software?

• 3.  RE: error fetching configuration

Posted Jul 14, 2016 08:51 AM

The switch is a EX4300-48P. It is running Junos 14.1X53-D30.3  I am also running Airwave 8.2.0.2

• 4.  RE: error fetching configuration

Posted Jul 14, 2016 10:16 AM

I was actually able to get this working. I deleted everything off the switch that had to do with snmp. I slowly rebuilt it line by line. It seemed Airwave will see the device as a switch with these lines added.

set snmp view *snmp group* oid .1 inlcude

set snmp vv3 vacm access group *snmp group* default-context prefix security-model usm security-level privacy notify-view *snmp group*

Hopefully this helps someone else along the lines.

• 5.  RE: error fetching configuration

Posted Dec 06, 2017 04:23 AM

Dear,

having the same issue with Airwave 8.2.5 and Juniper switches with JunOS 15.1R6

Adding the Juniper switch as type "Juniper switch" will show the device as down. Adding it as type "Universal" is showing the switch as up in Airwave.

The SNMP config on the Juniper switch is correct. As it is working for the type "Universal".

Or anything else to check/configure in Airwave?

Cheers,

Claudia

• 6.  RE: error fetching configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 06, 2017 05:26 AM

Hi,

Correct me if i understand wrong so we are seeing error message in configuation status?

check whether telnet/ssh credentials entered in manage page of the devcie is correct?

Regards,

Pavan

• 7.  RE: error fetching configuration

Posted Mar 07, 2022 02:03 PM
    Hello. I am running into the same issue on 8.2.13.1 and 8.2.14.0 and Juniper switches. Were you ever able to resolve it?

--
    Jose Perez