Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

unable to upgrade the AOS by using tftp

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  unable to upgrade the AOS by using tftp

Posted Dec 19, 2018 02:00 AM

Please find the error message below,

Error in sending rq message.  Exceeded 5 retransmits.
    000M Peer unreachable.

• 2.  RE: unable to upgrade the AOS by using tftp

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 19, 2018 03:55 AM

Many TFTP clients cannot transmit anything beyond 32 megs.  Please either use the GUI to upload (https) or try SCP or FTP, instead.

• 3.  RE: unable to upgrade the AOS by using tftp

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 19, 2018 04:29 PM

Greetings!

This message indicates that there is some kind of connectivity issue between the switch and the TFTP server. Are you able to ping the TFTP server IP address successfully?

If this is a switch with an Out-of-Band Management (OoBM) port, and you're using that connection to download the new software image, don't forget to add the 'oobm' option to the end of the command.

• 4.  RE: unable to upgrade the AOS by using tftp

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 19, 2018 11:35 PM
    My fault. I didn't realize I answered in the switching forum.

• 5.  RE: unable to upgrade the AOS by using tftp

MVP GURU
    Posted Dec 22, 2018 12:41 PM

@Matthew_Fern wrote:

Greetings!

This message indicates that there is some kind of connectivity issue between the switch and the TFTP server. Are you able to ping the TFTP server IP address successfully?

If this is a switch with an Out-of-Band Management (OoBM) port, and you're using that connection to download the new software image, don't forget to add the 'oobm' option to the end of the command.

it is off topic... but it will be nice to have the same option for API.. :-/