Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

105 APs getting IP via DHCP, but not able to ping.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  105 APs getting IP via DHCP, but not able to ping.

Posted Jul 12, 2013 05:04 PM

I have 4 105 APs that have been re-used form another location.

I've installed these APs and my DHCP servers are showing an IP assigned to them, but I can only ping 1 of them.

After moving the non-pinagle ones to the same port that the one was working on I still cannot ping, and moving the working one to the other ports I am stilla ble to ping, so it doesn't seem to be the ports.

Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: 105 APs getting IP via DHCP, but not able to ping.

Posted Jul 12, 2013 05:22 PM

OK, all 4 AP's are responding now, BUT - when I do a continuous ping, they respond for about 30 seconds then timeout for about 30.

• 3.  RE: 105 APs getting IP via DHCP, but not able to ping.

Posted Jul 12, 2013 05:56 PM

Kindly check the AP status by the command "show ap database" when we lose the ping back to the AP. It would be great if we have a more info on how these 4 AP`s are connected back to controller and find the master controller.

show datapath session table | include <ip address of the ap> would give us the AP`s traffic to determine and understand if we are losing GRE tunnel back to controller.

"show log system all" would also give you more info about the AP behavior as well. 

• 4.  RE: 105 APs getting IP via DHCP, but not able to ping.

Posted Jul 15, 2013 10:55 AM

Did we get a chance to check the status of ap database and collect information as per previous comment to better help you on this.

Thank you.

• 5.  RE: 105 APs getting IP via DHCP, but not able to ping.

Posted Jul 12, 2013 05:26 PM
    From where are pinging these devices ? From the switch (wired) or from wireless ?

What are using for DHCP server ?