Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

2 public IPs on one controller

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  2 public IPs on one controller

Posted Aug 26, 2014 05:50 PM

We have a 3400 terminating about 200 RAPs with an internet circuit from Windstream that is dropping packets. We have a second circuit from Comcast that is unused and want to switch over. Can I assign 2 public IPs on the same controller without routing issues?

I know this seems like overkill but we have had issues with the Windstream circuit and ordered the Comcast to replace. We have working on the migration plan but this morning we started dropping packets and our end users are call center agents so voice quality is critical. 

I want to have the Windstream circuit up to ensure connectivity until I change the system profile to get them to connect on the new IP. I really dont want to orphan 200 RAPs in the field overnight.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: 2 public IPs on one controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 26, 2014 05:52 PM
    Yes. I've had a controller with 30 public IPs. Just make sure your routing table is configured correctly.

• 3.  RE: 2 public IPs on one controller

Posted Aug 26, 2014 05:55 PM

Thanks for the response. Can you give me an example of the routing? The RAP inner IPs and end users IP ranges would be same for both profiles (Ill create a new profile that uses a different AP system profile with the new LMS IP). 

• 4.  RE: 2 public IPs on one controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 26, 2014 05:58 PM
    It depends. Where are your internal wireless client gateways? Upstream router or on controller?

• 5.  RE: 2 public IPs on one controller

Posted Aug 26, 2014 05:59 PM

We dont use wireless but the gateways for the wired ports are upstream.

• 6.  RE: 2 public IPs on one controller
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 26, 2014 06:40 PM

OK, so you'd probably want to do static routes (or OSPF) for all of your internal networks and set your default route to the primary ISP and a second route with a higher metric for the secondary ISP.

• 7.  RE: 2 public IPs on one controller

Posted Oct 09, 2015 12:19 AM

Hi,

how to separate 2 isp for two different SSID ?

for ex:

ISP A == for BOD

ISP B == Guest

I've configured all the IP for the each ISP. but I do not know how to assign the BOD ssid to use the ISP A as the internet connection..