Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

2 questions: LDAP+Windows & Whitelist

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  2 questions: LDAP+Windows & Whitelist

Posted Jul 24, 2017 02:59 AM

Good morning,

I'm glad to be on Airhead comunity :) This is my first topic so I don't know if is correct or not. If not let me know :)

One of our customers, in Educational enviroment, has actually 2 LDAP servers and we deployed a 7020 controller with 4 WLANS and 3 of them use LDAP for network authentication. APs has the basic license ans controller too.

We have two open issues/requests:

- Windows laptops (W7, W8, W8.1) doesn't authenticate on wireless enviroment with LDAP.

- Our customer wants to avoid traffic done by personal equipment and wants to apply a mac address whitelist. There is a specific license to be applyed for this role? If yes is a controller license or AP's license. Can you give me the exact name of the license?

Thank you in advance

Sorin Atanasiu

• 2.  RE: 2 questions: LDAP+Windows & Whitelist

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 24, 2017 06:11 AM
    Are you using captive portal or encryption on your SSID?

• 3.  RE: 2 questions: LDAP+Windows & Whitelist

Posted Jul 24, 2017 06:34 AM

We created a standard SSID with LDAP authentication. It wasn't activated any type of captive portal.

• 4.  RE: 2 questions: LDAP+Windows & Whitelist

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 24, 2017 07:02 AM
    Are you using encryption?

• 5.  RE: 2 questions: LDAP+Windows & Whitelist

Posted Jul 25, 2017 04:41 AM

No we didn't activated any encryption.

• 6.  RE: 2 questions: LDAP+Windows & Whitelist
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 25, 2017 07:15 AM

You need to switch to radius instead of LDAP and your problems will go away.  If the user has a Windows server, it comes with a free version of NPS.  Here are instructions on how to configure it:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Tribal-Knowledge-Base/Step-by-Step-How-to-Configure-Microsoft-NPS-2008-Radius-Server/ta-p/80672

LDAP will not work out the box with Windows in this setup without installing software on all of your Windows devices.