Wireless Access

Upcoming community maintenance Oct. 27th through Oct. 29th
For more info click here
Highlighted

205H Wired Port Reporting/Statistics

We deployed 205Hs into one of our Residence Halls over Christmas Break, and I was curious if there were any kind of methods for reporting/statistics (usage, status, etc) that I could obtain from wired ports (Eth1, Eth2, and Eth3) - they are operating in bridge mode. The only information I've located is port speed, up/down status, and packets received/sent via - "show ap port status ap-name <>" for a single AP. We do utilize Airwave for monitoring but I've only been able to see port status, speed, and lan mac address of the individual port.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: 205H Wired Port Reporting/Statistics

Unfortunately I don't think that wired interface statistics are collected for access points in Airwave (at least I can't see it anywhere).

You can get that information on the commandline of the controller, however

show ap debug system-status ap-name <name of ap> | begin "Interface Information"

Screenshot 2016-04-23 at 04.14.32.png

I hope that helps...

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Guru Elite

Unfortunately I don't think that wired interface statistics are collected for access points in Airwave (at least I can't see it anywhere).

You can get that information on the commandline of the controller, however

show ap debug system-status ap-name <name of ap> | begin "Interface Information"

Screenshot 2016-04-23 at 04.14.32.png

I hope that helps...

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you Colin, this does give me a few ideas for small sample sizes I can perform on a few floors in the Residence Halls. Thank you again!

Chris

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: