Wireless Access

Highlighted
Contributor II

303H Loop Detection

I'm testing some different loop scenarios with my 303H. I am forcing loops to watch the Loop Detection Kick in and disable a port. I have loop detection enabled, but at the moment I do not have autorecovery enabled. Because of this, I have to manually recover the port.

In the documentation (https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_84_Web_Help/content/arubaframestyles/ap_config/loop_protect.htm) it says when the loop is detected and disables a port, the port is put into Loop-ERR status. My question is, where do I view the status of my AP's wired ports and where would I see this status?

Running show ap port status ap-name <ap name> is not giving it to me, it just shows the port as down.

In my example below you can see enet4 is shown simply as down, but this port is in fact Loop disabled.

mmCapture.PNG

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Re: 303H Loop Detection

I too am interested in this. 

Not trying to derail your thread, my 303H's are not showing the USB interface when running the same command. Have you enabled the interface in an option somewhere? 

Highlighted
Contributor II

Re: 303H Loop Detection

I'm pretty sure it should be enabled by default. I dont think I had to check anything special to enable it. Make sure it is being supplied full 802.11AT power or DC. In low power mode, it will shut off the USB port (and in some cases can be shut off even when supplied AT.

From 303H datasheet...

- Without IPM, both the USB port and PoE out (PSE)

capability are disabled when the AP is powered by an

802.3af PoE source, and either the USB port or the

PoE out (PSE) capability is disabled when powered

by an 802.3at PoE source (PSE capability is disabled

by default).

- When using IPM, the AP may enter power-save mode

with reduced functionality when powered by a PoE

source

- For the 303H, the IPM power-save feature applies when

the unit is powered by an 802.3af or 802.3at POE source.

By default, the USB interface will be the first feature to

be turned off by IPM if the AP power consumption would

otherwise exceed the available power budget. Specific

power-saving options are programmable with IPM.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: