Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

303h problem

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  303h problem

Posted May 22, 2019 04:25 PM

I have a 303h that I am trying to setup for a personal network at my house. I see the SetMeUp SSID as long as the switch I have it connected to has no internet connection via a Ubiquity AirMax bridge. I am using PoE to power the 303h. Once, I connect the switch to the internet, the 303h stops broadcasting wifi and seems to go into a constant rebooting loop. Any idea on whats wrong? I have very little networking experience. Thank you

• 2.  RE: 303h problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 22, 2019 04:31 PM

Is is possible that another party deployed this AP before you?

• 3.  RE: 303h problem

Posted May 22, 2019 04:33 PM

yes. I factory reset it though.

• 4.  RE: 303h problem

Posted May 22, 2019 04:43 PM

I can connect to the switch directly with a LAN cable and my computer can connect to the internet without any problems.

• 5.  RE: 303h problem

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 22, 2019 05:22 PM

Most likely the AP is zerotouch provisioned (ZTP) through "aruba activate" or "cloud central", you should see the process when you have a serial cable connect to it. You can also follow the traffic through your firewall and looking for outgoing traffic to (i guess) *.arubanetworks.com

For detach from ZTP you have to contact TAC support.

Or simply block the outgoing connection on your firewall, lol ;)

• 6.  RE: 303h problem

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 22, 2019 05:29 PM

-

• 7.  RE: 303h problem

Posted May 22, 2019 05:50 PM

Thank you. Stupid question, how would I go about blocking the outgoing connection on my firewall? thank you