Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

303h stuck reboots constantly

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  303h stuck reboots constantly

Posted May 15, 2020 08:14 PM

I'm running a couple of ap 515 in an IAP setup and tried adding a 303h to it. It keeps rebooting and losing all the configurations on it. The image on the memory is 8.6 and i get an image mismatch error when it does appear to the virtual controller.

Ive flashed it back to 8.5 which lets it show up and be added but after i reboot the system it disappears and goes back to 8.6. I also cant always ssh into it but i can ping it. When i can get a ssh connection it always resets the password after rebooting or losing power.

also when i try to go to the IP it always points back to RAP.arubanetworks instead of setmeup or instant.

• 2.  RE: 303h stuck reboots constantly

MVP GURU
    Posted May 17, 2020 07:55 PM

Did the 303H come from another environment? If the subnet that the 303H boots up on has access to the internet, maybe Aruba activate is sending down a configuration rule, or is it part of an Aruba central account that has configuration set for this AP? If your not sure, you could test building a cluster of IAPs with this AP on a subnet that has no internet access.