Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Re: 6.3.0.0 bad air performance

Currently running 6.3.0.0 at 4 of my sites but I did not see any obvious changes in coverage or performance. CPU and memory on my busiest APs with 10 plus clients is 1-5% cpu and 30% or lower memory.  Sites use AP105s and 6000, 3400 and 3200 controllers.

fn
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

Also "client match" does not function properly.

No miracle with 100% of CPU in AP.

e.g., the neighbour list of an APs is suddenly empty... and so on...

Will AP12x (and partial AP13x) really be able to be supported with version 6.3?

I will change back to 6.1.3.9 and wait what Aruba will say...

fn

Hi,

>and wait what Aruba will say...

Aruba has confirmed the problem and is working on a solution.

Regards

Aruba

any updates to this from Aruba or otherwise?

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
AMFX | ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Contributor II

I am running AOS 6.3.0.1 on a 7200 controller with AP-135s. I cannot downgrade to AOS 6.1.3.x because I need Apple Bonjour services on our WLAN.

Yesterday I migrated a building on our campus from Cisco 1142 APs to the 135s and today I get complaints from users with Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 and Centrino Advanced-N 6205 wifi cards. They are using Debian Linux as their operating system.

So I'd be interested in a solution as well!

Is a fix for this behaviour something that is on the roadmap for the next 6.3 AOS release?

fn

Re: 6.3.0.0 bad air performance / catastrophic performance !

I have tested, in the meantime, also AP225 at 3600-Controller with version 6.3.1.1 and with 802.11ac 3SS (1300 MBit/s). With also catastrophic download performance on SSIDs with encrypting (WPAx OR WPAx-PSK). Upload and not encrypted transference (open) are nearly not affected! The maximum download-transference rate amounts to about 20 MByte/s. - I think for ALL USERS OF A 3600-controller TOGETHER! Aruba-TAC is informed and checks this at the moment. Regards, Hardy
fn

Hi! News: A Patch (from TAC) to 6.3.1.1 (will be included in the upcoming 6.3.1.2) has solved the 802.11n performance issue (Intel N6300 Centrino Clients) with (AP125),AP135,AP225. We have completely moved to AP224/224. 802.11ac performance is still bad and unter investigation.
fn

UPDATE:

Now we are running: 3600-Controller, AOS 6.3.1.2, AP224/225

After the update to 6.3.1.2 almost all problems are solved.
Now the data throughput is in the scale as expected..
However, many client drivers still have problems and are probably improved in the next time.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: