Wireless Access

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

6.4.4.8 centralized license

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  6.4.4.8 centralized license

Posted Jul 21, 2016 03:14 PM

I have recently upgraded to Arubaos 6.4.4.8 on 3200XM controller that is running two units in master/backup configuration.

Post upgrade, I was unable to enable centralized licensing using GUI. When I try to enable using GUI on master, I get the error "Please enter a Valid IP Address". However, I was able to use cli and enable centralized licensing.

As per the documentation, in a master/backup setup the backup unit automatically becomes the backup licensing server but in my case the master only shows the local licenses and does not show aggregated license from the slave. The slave centralized license checkbox is greyed out and CLI output shows that centralized licensing is disabled.

Is this a bug? What should I check?

• 2.  RE: 6.4.4.8 centralized license

Posted Jul 22, 2016 03:30 AM

Hi!

Have you done a write mem? If so and you still have this issue, it sounds to me like your master-redundancy might not be working properly. 

If you in CLI issue the command: #show switches

Do you see the correct controllers as master and standby respectively?

#show license aggregate

Do you see the standby controller here? It should show even if it has no licenses.

#show license heartbeat stats

Do you see heartbeat requests/responses for both controllers?

Cheers,

• 3.  RE: 6.4.4.8 centralized license

Posted Jul 22, 2016 05:38 AM

Yes,It looks like a redundancy problem. "show switches" returns self only, standby is not visible. I am troubleshooting the problem.