Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

6.5 to 8 migration tool or start from scratch, hows best?

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  6.5 to 8 migration tool or start from scratch, hows best?

Posted Jul 23, 2018 04:01 AM

Hi. I've got 4 7210 controllers, about 700 AP's in a hospital, split over 2 sites. (2 at Location A including Master, 2 at location B)

How's best to start the migration, can I take one controller offline , upgrade and then start sorting the config out, moving AP groups to cause less outage. Or do I use the migration tool and do everything?

looking for minimal downtime as possible being a hospital, but I will get a small window. Or I can upgrade and move AP groups as and when I can. 

thanks

• 2.  RE: 6.5 to 8 migration tool or start from scratch, hows best?

Posted Jul 23, 2018 04:48 PM
    Are you planning on using a mobility master?

#AirheadsMobile

• 3.  RE: 6.5 to 8 migration tool or start from scratch, hows best?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 23, 2018 04:50 PM

@vardas wrote:

Hi. I've got 4 7210 controllers, about 700 AP's in a hospital, split over 2 sites. (2 at Location A including Master, 2 at location B)

How's best to start the migration, can I take one controller offline , upgrade and then start sorting the config out, moving AP groups to cause less outage. Or do I use the migration tool and do everything?

looking for minimal downtime as possible being a hospital, but I will get a small window. Or I can upgrade and move AP groups as and when I can. 

thanks

Have you seen the Migration chapter of the document here?:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/ArubaOS-8-Fundamentals-Guide/ta-p/428914