Wireless Access

New Contributor

6.5 to 8 migration tool or start from scratch, hows best?

Hi. I've got 4 7210 controllers, about 700 AP's in a hospital, split over 2 sites. (2 at Location A including Master, 2 at location B)

How's best to start the migration, can I take one controller offline , upgrade and then start sorting the config out, moving AP groups to cause less outage. Or do I use the migration tool and do everything?

looking for minimal downtime as possible being a hospital, but I will get a small window. Or I can upgrade and move AP groups as and when I can. 

thanks

Frequent Contributor I

Re: 6.5 to 8 migration tool or start from scratch, hows best?

Are you planning on using a mobility master?

#AirheadsMobile
Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: 6.5 to 8 migration tool or start from scratch, hows best?

@vardas wrote:

Hi. I've got 4 7210 controllers, about 700 AP's in a hospital, split over 2 sites. (2 at Location A including Master, 2 at location B)

How's best to start the migration, can I take one controller offline , upgrade and then start sorting the config out, moving AP groups to cause less outage. Or do I use the migration tool and do everything?

looking for minimal downtime as possible being a hospital, but I will get a small window. Or I can upgrade and move AP groups as and when I can. 

thanks

Have you seen the Migration chapter of the document here?:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/ArubaOS-8-Fundamentals-Guide/ta-p/428914

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: