Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

620 maximum PoE ports

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  620 maximum PoE ports

Posted Mar 26, 2012 07:32 PM

Hi,

I am confused about the PoE ports on 620 controller. From the price list there is a 620 controller description that includes 4 PoE ports and has another 4 -10/100 ports and there is a part number LIC-4-POE. My question is how many PoE ports can be available in a  620 controller?. Then the others 4 10/100 ports can be used to connect 4 AP´s but with an external power?  Any help to clarify this issue will be appreciated.

• 2.  RE: 620 maximum PoE ports

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 26, 2012 07:41 PM

Only 4 are powered.  You can use power injectors to connect the others.

• 3.  RE: 620 maximum PoE ports
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 26, 2012 07:42 PM

All 620 controllers ship standard with the LIC-4-POE license.   That enables 4 ports of POE on the 620 controller.  The other 4 ports are always non-powered.  (e.g. 4 ports of POE is fixed on the 620 controller).

(if you are wondering why we have this part number... sufficed to say that there are some other legal and sales reasons for having the LIC-4-POE license, even though it ships standard at $0 cost on each 620 controller...)

You can hook APs with external power to the remaining 4 ports of the 620 controller, sure.

JF

• 4.  RE: 620 maximum PoE ports

Posted Apr 23, 2012 08:06 PM

What happens if you "write erase all", add the license for POE back to the controller and connect an access point on ports 0 to 3 and the AP does not power up.

Also if you navigate to controller -> licenses nothing shows up but if you type "show license", you see active licenses.

Any ideas?

To Note:

SInce this is a test controller, I have added the permanent POE license as well as some EVAL AP, PEFNG and RF Protect licenses.

• 5.  RE: 620 maximum PoE ports

Posted Jan 22, 2013 05:57 PM

if you typed "write erase all" you need ask this license to aruba seller... 

it was my case.. and now all is OK!