Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

650 and AirGroup

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  650 and AirGroup

Posted Apr 02, 2014 08:14 PM

Hello All,

I was ding a POC today and found after upgrading a 650 to 6.3.1.4 it did not have the Airgroup tab. I was told it is only available on 6.1.3.6 only and is also not recommended for Airgroup. Anyone can enlighten me why is it so, does Airgroup take up a lot of resource on the controller causing it not to be available on the higher version?

• 2.  RE: 650 and AirGroup

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 02, 2014 08:15 PM

AirGroup is not supported in 6.3+ on the 600 series controllers. It is too resource intensive for the older hardware to handle.

• 3.  RE: 650 and AirGroup

Posted Apr 02, 2014 09:33 PM

Thanks Tim for the prompt response, the Airgroup should be universal across platforms since it was previously supported on 650. Seems like another RF Plan issue.

• 4.  RE: 650 and AirGroup
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 02, 2014 09:38 PM

All of these details are very well documented in the release notes and user guides.

It's impossible to maintain full feature parity across new and legacy hardware platforms. Especially when these new features are all very resource intensive.

airgroup.PNG

feature-support.PNG

• 5.  RE: 650 and AirGroup

Posted Apr 03, 2014 02:48 AM

Thanks Tim for the detail infromation. Lazy me. :)