Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

7005 controller, PoE enabled, goes through power cycle and keeps restarting

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  7005 controller, PoE enabled, goes through power cycle and keeps restarting

Posted Dec 29, 2014 08:25 PM
    I am trying to power up a 7005-RW controller using a PoE Brocade switch. I have allocated full power to the port that the controller is connected to. But the controller continuously keeps re-starting after every few minutes. I tested the switch by powering up a phone, and it works just fine. Is there anything I should do to the 7005 controller to stop it from going through the power cycling ?

• 2.  RE: 7005 controller, PoE enabled, goes through power cycle and keeps restarting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 30, 2014 04:03 AM

Is the switch providing PoE+ power or standard PoE?

• 3.  RE: 7005 controller, PoE enabled, goes through power cycle and keeps restarting

Posted Dec 30, 2014 04:13 AM

Hi,

There are couple of thisngs we need to consider,

1. 7005 supports either 12 V , 2 A DC adaptor.

2. PoE support on port 0: supports PoE-PD IEEE 802.3af/at 

Check whether the PoE switch supports the above or not, to issolate the issue try with a DC adaptor .

Please feel free for any further help on this.

for your ref :

http://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=14426

• 4.  RE: 7005 controller, PoE enabled, goes through power cycle and keeps restarting

Posted Dec 31, 2014 02:34 PM

Thank you for all your help. 

The controller was faulty.

Also Aruba support tells me, PoE is faulty in OS ver 6.4.1.0. It has been resolved once the controller upgrades to 6.4.2.3.

Also, the controller takes up only about 8W of power. So PoE or PoE+ switch doesnt seem to matter.