Wireless Access

Highlighted
MVP Expert

7005 vs. 9004 MC

Hi community,

Looking at the new 9004 gateway, which can also be used as MC. And looking its performance I can see is better than the 7005 MC, it supports the double APs, double concurrent devices, double firewall sessions and so on. In terms of connectivity they are equal, same number of ports, fanless, etc. And the price is the same. Putting all this together, is it worth purchasing the 7005 from the 9004 release date on?

Regards,

Julián

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Re: 7005 vs. 9004 MC

Hi,

I would definitely go for 9004. 

For the same price/performance i would propose to go with newer models, for minimum reason, of the life-span of the device (its new compared to 7005 so EoL/EoS period is longer).

Highlighted
MVP Expert
MVP Expert

More, better, faster.... go for 9004...
I have two of them to
Kind Regards Marcel Koedijk
HPE ASE Flexnetwork | ACMP | ACCP | Ekahau ECSE Design - Was this post usefull, Kudos are welcome.
Highlighted
MVP Expert

Yeah, and if you don't need more Ethernet or PoE ports, it happens the same with the 7008 MC. Then, will we expect the 7005's EoL soon?

Regards,

Julián

Highlighted

Not sure why Aruba has to follow Cisco with this 9k craziness. When they have everything in the 9k range.

But anyways 9k Aruba is going to probably replace all the 7k controllers. One day I went to ASP and saw that there was 9012 available in the documentations, though there wan't any documents available. So maybe those other 9k controllers will be released soon :) ?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Good question.

During the initial development, the controllers were named the 8xxx series.   However, we didn't want any confusion with the 8xxx CX-Switches, thus we decided to rename the controllers to the 9xxx series.

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Couple of extra bits which are always worth mentioning, the 9004 has Bluetooth 5 and is powered via a power adapter instead of POE. So just bear in mind, if you are replacing a 7005 with a 9004 then the customer will need a power adapter. 

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Highlighted
MVP Expert

Yeah, that's true. But the customer gives more importance that 9004's performance is the double of 7005's one than the PoE-in feature. The power adapter is very cheap.

Regards,
Julián
Highlighted
MVP Expert

@pubjohndoe wrote:

Not sure why Aruba has to follow Cisco with this 9k craziness. When they have everything in the 9k range.

But anyways 9k Aruba is going to probably replace all the 7k controllers. One day I went to ASP and saw that there was 9012 available in the documentations, though there wan't any documents available. So maybe those other 9k controllers will be released soon :) ?

Yeah, and model 9012 is here:

https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/ds/DS_9000Series.pdf

Though currently only support SD-WAN mode, controller mode in a later release.

Regards,

Julián

Highlighted

Does 9000 support BGP when not using Central? We could connect those to a ISP CPE that talks to BGP and then tunnel or something the connection to our DC 7220

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: