Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

7205 Mobility Controller and LIC-AP

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  7205 Mobility Controller and LIC-AP

Posted Feb 18, 2016 04:27 PM

I just made an order with a vendor for a 7205 Mobility Controller. The PO was just sent off, now the vendor is telling me that he forgot to add the license to the quote, and now I have to purchase LIC-AP licenses for my access points to work with the controller. 

I am using IAP-225 AP's. Without going into a long story, I am not able to deploy the IAP-225 as planned, therefore I purchased the 7205 Mobility Controller with the intention of repurposing the IAP-225 as a standard AP.

My question is, do i need to purchase the LIC-AP licenses?

• 2.  RE: 7205 Mobility Controller and LIC-AP
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 18, 2016 04:29 PM

Yes, you need AP licenses for the total number of APs. You should also consider LIC-PEF.

• 3.  RE: 7205 Mobility Controller and LIC-AP

Posted Feb 18, 2016 04:32 PM

Thanks, What is LIC-PEF?

• 4.  RE: 7205 Mobility Controller and LIC-AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 18, 2016 04:34 PM

• 5.  RE: 7205 Mobility Controller and LIC-AP

Posted Nov 24, 2017 06:47 AM

Hi,

is it mandatory to buy together LIC-AP and LIC-PEF?

If I don't need for the moment ACLs or firewall related rules and no need to have different user roles, Can I buy only LIC-AP? Does the controller works?

Thanks

Best Regards

Beppe

• 6.  RE: 7205 Mobility Controller and LIC-AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 24, 2017 06:51 AM

You an apply only AP licenses and the controller will work.  As soon as you apply licenses of any other type, you need to match the number of AP licenses.