Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

7205 w/ OS 8.6.0 lost 15 out of 85 APs after reboot

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  7205 w/ OS 8.6.0 lost 15 out of 85 APs after reboot

Posted Dec 14, 2019 06:59 AM

Hello airheads,

i have a serious problem with 7205 controller (standalone and cold standby) running the latest OS.

After a minor cfg change in GUI (added another vlan in if/vlan/ports and trusted it, created a new WLAN than) I deployed the changes.

The controller homepage became suddenly unavailable, ssh was no longer possible, ping responded though.

I used my last resort, a networked serial access to get to the CLI, I reloaded the controller but it didn't help.

I restored cfg from flash but didn't help.

Manually removed VLAN in CLI (which isn't that easy) and reloaded.

Controller came back online and showed 70 out of 70 APs in ok state, clients are there also and access is fine.

I changed to controller IP from xxx.xxx.xxx.40 to .41. Reloaded. Didn't help.

BUT I have 85 APs and they where all configured before the crash and they are all available in the network/VLAN!

show ap database gave me 5 "down" APs which are NOT reported in GUI!

Those five show the old IP for theit controller (xxx.xxx.xxx.40).

Another 10 are completely missing.

show faults resulted in only vlan 4095 n/a. Don't know what that means.

Any help is greatly app.!

Thank you in advance!

• 2.  RE: 7205 w/ OS 8.6.0 lost 15 out of 85 APs after reboot

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 14, 2019 07:43 AM

On the commandline, type "show port status" and make sure your uplink interface is trusted.

• 3.  RE: 7205 w/ OS 8.6.0 lost 15 out of 85 APs after reboot

Posted Dec 14, 2019 07:58 AM

thank you for the fast response!

I would really like to diagnose through the cli but I already issued show tech-support.

Now the last resort, my serial console is also blocked because it looks like there is no way to stop that output (running for more than an hour now!)

Meanwhile show tech-support got it done stopped 2hours + later:

Port Status
    -----------
    Slot-Port PortType AdminState OperState PoE Trusted SpanningTree PortMode Speed Duplex PortError
    --------- -------- ---------- --------- --- ------- ------------ -------- ----- ------ ---------
    0/0/0 GE Enabled Up N/A Yes Forwarding Trunk 1 Gbps Full -

show if

This port is TRUSTED

• 4.  RE: 7205 w/ OS 8.6.0 lost 15 out of 85 APs after reboot

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 14, 2019 10:00 AM
    I would type "show audit-trail 40" to see what commands created your issue.

• 5.  RE: 7205 w/ OS 8.6.0 lost 15 out of 85 APs after reboot

Posted Dec 14, 2019 10:44 AM

all I see are a 12 commands that have been executed successfully. Backup, Purge a pending change etc.

not meaning- or helpfull unfortunately

• 6.  RE: 7205 w/ OS 8.6.0 lost 15 out of 85 APs after reboot

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 14, 2019 11:08 AM
    I hope you can open a TAC case in parallel to this post, because there is not enough specific information to help you with this issue.

• 7.  RE: 7205 w/ OS 8.6.0 lost 15 out of 85 APs after reboot

Posted Dec 14, 2019 11:24 AM

Itried... But also we spent a serious amount we had to find out that both controllers do not have warranty (ended in September) anymore and the reseller that sold as 100k worth of equipment didn't inform us that we have to buy another support contract.

No idea how to proceed and where to buy support or at least a onetime support for this specific issue..

• 8.  RE: 7205 w/ OS 8.6.0 lost 15 out of 85 APs after reboot

Posted Dec 14, 2019 05:17 PM

Managed to fidel out a TAC with Aruba´. For some reason the 24x7 8-8 contract we bought wasn't in there system. Now we have a TAC and I will let you know when we have a solution.