Wireless Access

Highlighted
Contributor I

7220 Controllers OS

Hi,

We have 2 controllers, 7220 with OS 6.5, would you please help answer the following:

- What is the latest OS that is compatable with 7220?

- is there a risk to upgrade from OS 6.5 to 8.xx?

- is there an additional procurement required for the upgrade?

Thank you,

Guru Elite

Re: 7220 Controllers OS

- The latest release for the 7220 is 6.5.4.6, released 7/22/2018.

- ArubaOS 8.x is a completely different  paradigm and requires you to recreate your 6.5.x configuration from scratch or use a migration tool.

- ArubaOS 8.x advanced features like require a Virtual Machine (VM), in addition to the 7220 hardware.

To get an understanding in depth, please read the ArubaOS 8.x Fundamentals paper here:  

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/ArubaOS-8-Fundamentals-Guide/ta-p/428914

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

Thank you for your quick answer.

So what if i wanted to add a local controller Aruba7008-US and by defualt it came with OS 8.0.1.0, is that will cause conflict in OS versions or it will work normally?

Appreciate your help,

Occasional Contributor II

In my opinion, if your master AC is 6.X, you need to downgrade your new 7008-US to 6.X so as to make it to be a local AC.

Contributor I

Thank you so much, i downgraded the OS and it is working perfectly.

Can you downgrade from 8.x.x to 6.x.x ?

Contributor I

Hi,

Yes i did downgrade from 8.x.x to 6.5.4, you need to download the OS from the link below under your login:

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=8861

then you upload that OS to the second partition of your controller and reboot selecting the second partition.

Thank you,

HUsam

Thanks,
Initially when I tried downgrading, I got an error, got little worried.
But it was fine when I tried again.

This message and any attachments may contain confidential information from Cypress or its subsidiaries. If it has been received in error, please advise the sender and immediately delete this message.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: