Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  8.3.0.9?

Posted Sep 26, 2019 12:17 PM

I might be overlooking something obvious, but why was 8.3.0.9 released?  The release notes show nothing for new features and nothing for resolved issues.

Am I missing something?  We are on 8.3.0.8 now so 8.3.0.9 would be a natural progression, but the odd (lack of) release notes gives me a bit of concern.

• 2.  RE: 8.3.0.9?

Posted Sep 26, 2019 12:46 PM

It is a conservative release and not your standard release.

There are new regulatory updates for this version i believe. As those change frequently for different countries.

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.
    --Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.

• 3.  RE: 8.3.0.9?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 01, 2019 05:40 PM

That might be the case but a note in the release notes would be easy enough to do and alleviate any ambiguity.

As far as DRT updates themselves, though I haven't ever had the need to download them -- they appear to be available as a standalone download themselves.

• 4.  RE: 8.3.0.9?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 01, 2019 06:38 PM

It was good to see that someone reads the release notes...

• 5.  RE: 8.3.0.9?

Posted Oct 01, 2019 07:28 PM

@kurtisg wrote:

That might be the case but a note in the release notes would be easy enough to do and alleviate any ambiguity.

+1. This isn't the first time either, there was an 8.4 release awhile back I think that gave me the same confusion as this one. What's the point of release notes if they give you *no* details on what the release is for. 

• 6.  RE: 8.3.0.9?

Posted Oct 01, 2019 09:41 PM

I'm running 8.3.0.9 smooth as butter and was confused till i looked over it closely....