Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

(8.5) Role Derivation Rules - can no longer re-order?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  (8.5) Role Derivation Rules - can no longer re-order?

Posted Jun 09, 2020 04:38 PM

Perhaps I'm missing something (I often do), but I can't seem to reorder my role derivation rules in 8.5 (using a MM) as we did in 6.x.  Dragging and dropping doesn't work in the GUI, nor are there any arrows for reordering.  The CLI has no obvious mechanism for reordering either.  Help!

• 2.  RE: (8.5) Role Derivation Rules - can no longer re-order?

Posted Jun 11, 2020 09:55 AM

We found the answer: the role derivation rules are shown in two different places in the GUI, which is a cardinal sin in the world of interface design.  Bafflingly, the two different places have different features.

Configuration > Authentication > Server Group: this allows you to reorder the rules

Confuguration > WLANS > Access: this allows you to add and remove rules, but not reorder them.

Can we have the clustering features of 8.5 with the user interface of 6.5?  

• 3.  RE: (8.5) Role Derivation Rules - can no longer re-order?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 11, 2020 09:59 AM

• 4.  RE: (8.5) Role Derivation Rules - can no longer re-order?

Posted Jun 11, 2020 10:01 AM

That's actually very helpful - I'm glad to know there's a place for user feedback like this!