Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

80% of network traffic is 0 - 12Mbps multicast

HI

have a network at 6.5.1.3 where clients experience connection loss, slow speed and masse latency with real time traffic

I have enabled BCMC optimization on VLAN nad BC/MC rate optimization optimization in SSID Profile. 

Network looks ok from a setup view, most VRD settings are configured as per recommendations ...

soooo --- where should I look next... ? 

Frequent Contributor I

Re: 80% of network traffic is 0 - 12Mbps multicast

i see that IGMP og IGMP Snooping/Proxy isn't turned on VLAN. that would convert BC/MC from wired to unicast on wireless? 

Guru Elite

We need more information:

- What kinds of access points are these?

- What channel width are you running? (80mhz, 40mhz or 20 mhz)

- What kind of clients are these and how many users do you have on access points?

- How many access points do you have?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Frequent Contributor I

first of all, I missed a VLAN for setting the BCMC optimization. After setting that it went from 82% multicast at 0 - 12 Mbps to 2% 12 - 24mbps and most of the rest of the traffic spanning from 80 - 200Mbps.

1. AP325

2.40Mhz

3. Win10 - no APs above 10 - 15 users (99APs)

4. 99 APs

Guru Elite

Setting bcmc optimization on a VLAN is the same as setting "Drop Broadcast and Unknown Multicast" on your Virtual APS.

What you should be looking at is the Channel Utilization on the AP dashboard...

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Guru Elite

Setting bcmc optimization on a VLAN is the same as setting "Drop Broadcast and Unknown Multicast" on your Virtual APS.

What you should be looking at is the Channel Utilization on the AP dashboard...

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Frequent Contributor I

before we changed bcmc setting we had channel utilization fro, 75% on many of the 2,4Ghz channels and a couple of the lower 5Ghz channels. But (it might be a coincidence) after we enabled bcmc optimization, channel utilization improved massively

Guru Elite

It is not a coincidence.  Broadcast propagation has a direct impact on channel utilization.

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Frequent Contributor I

thanks --- -will look into performance today. hopefully there's enough load to get a good test

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: