Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

802.1x. Microsoft Windows 10 can't connect to SSID

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  802.1x. Microsoft Windows 10 can't connect to SSID

Posted Dec 24, 2018 08:36 AM

Hi all!
    I configured a SSID with 802.1x authentication. Many devices, for example, Android phones, Mac Book can correct connect. But Windows 10 PC can't to connect.
    It write in event viewer "6105 - deauth after EAPOL key exchange sequence"

I was follow the tips from this topic:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Intel-Dual-Band-7265-N-constantly-dropping-connection-on-AP-205/td-p/315371

And disable 802.11r (tip from Microsoft forum)

I tried to connect to other 802.1x authentification network. It was correct.

About my controller

Name: Aruba Operating System Software.
    Model: Aruba7005
    Version: 6.4.3.4

• 2.  RE: 802.1x. Microsoft Windows 10 can't connect to SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 24, 2018 09:36 AM

Do your Windows 10 devices trust the certificate in the Radius Server?  All other operating systems allow you to skip or ask you to trust the certificate when connecting automatically.  Windows does not, so you would have to load the certificate onto the laptop, because Windows Validates the Radius Server Certificate.

• 3.  RE: 802.1x. Microsoft Windows 10 can't connect to SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 24, 2018 09:56 AM

Check if server certificate validation is enabled in your windows system, try disable it and check once.

If your server radius certificate is not in windows cetificate trust list then your PC will not connect to the network. If CPPM radius certificate is singed by well known third party CA then default signed CA root certificate will be available in windows trust list. If it is sgined by your internal PKI then you need to manually install singed root certificate of your PKI in PC to trust.

communitry.PNG

• 4.  RE: 802.1x. Microsoft Windows 10 can't connect to SSID

Posted Dec 24, 2018 11:44 AM

Thanks for answer.

I generate CSR on controller, generate certificate with corporative Root sertificate. I upload server's and root certificates and select it in Security > Authentication > L2 Authentication options

CA-Certificate
    Server-Certificate

After I install this certificate on PC.

For test I select this certificate for https connction. Google Chrome return error "NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID"

Internet Explorer do not return any errors.

I don't use Radius, I connect controller to LDAP.

I try to disable check certificate in win10, but don't found it. I will search again

• 5.  RE: 802.1x. Microsoft Windows 10 can't connect to SSID

Posted Dec 25, 2018 12:05 PM

I used trusted Radius server and it work.

But qestion about LDAP. What I need do for it be work?