Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

A couple of IAP-324 setup questions

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  A couple of IAP-324 setup questions

Posted May 28, 2016 02:39 PM

1) I am getting a solid yellow on the system status light.   I have an Arube POE injector inline with port 0.   Do both port 0 and port 1 have to be 802.3 at power or just one.  If just one which is the appropriate one.

2) I am getting a blinking green light for Radio Status (not an alternating yellow / green pattern).   Tee documentation does not come with this scenario being documented.  Any idea of what this means.

Thx

Bryan 

• 2.  RE: A couple of IAP-324 setup questions

Posted May 28, 2016 02:56 PM

@bdgarcia wrote:

1) I am getting a solid yellow on the system status light.   I have an Arube POE injector inline with port 0.   Do both port 0 and port 1 have to be 802.3 at power or just one.  If just one which is the appropriate one.

2) I am getting a blinking green light for Radio Status (not an alternating yellow / green pattern).   Tee documentation does not come with this scenario being documented.  Any idea of what this means.

Thx

Bryan 

I used a second POE injector so both ports are 802.3 at, and that solved problem #1, still stuck on Problem 2.

Bryan

• 3.  RE: A couple of IAP-324 setup questions

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 28, 2016 03:58 PM

1.  You only need a single AT poe on port 0

2.  are you supplying DHCP to that device?

• 4.  RE: A couple of IAP-324 setup questions

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 28, 2016 03:58 PM

• 5.  RE: A couple of IAP-324 setup questions

Posted May 28, 2016 04:11 PM

@cjoseph wrote:

Hi Colon,

Thank you for the quick reponse.   I could only get the AP to go green on system status when I added 2 Arube 802.3 AT injectors.   I  will have to play with that a bit more.

On question #2.   I am not suppying with DHCP, I have it connected to to 1Gb ports configured in a LACP configuration.   The default VLAN does not have DHCP on it.   My PC get an IP address of 172.31.98.232, with a netmask of 255.255.254.0 and default gateway of 172.31.98.1  When I try to browse to 172.31.98.1, the browser gets redirected to https://instant.arubanetworks.com:4343/.   Unfortunately when I do a nslookup or ping it they both report ther is no DNS for instant.arubanetworks.com.

Thank you, I as trying to get this setup in my while I have a 3 day weekend.

Bryan

• 6.  RE: A couple of IAP-324 setup questions

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 28, 2016 04:51 PM

Are there any lights when you use the first injector?  If no, get rid of that injector and plug injector #2 into port 0 on the AP.

LACP is an advanced topic that you should explore after you get the AP up and running.

You should be able to associate to the instant SSID.  If you cannot, try supplying DHCP to the AP, find out what ip address the AP has, and then browse to that ip address.  It is possible that since you didnt provision the AP with antenna information, it will not broadcast.  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/How-to-specify-antenna-gain-for-IAP-s-with-external-antenna/ta-p/178814