Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

A few IAP devices are not connecting to VC

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  A few IAP devices are not connecting to VC

Posted Sep 04, 2017 06:21 PM

I have a wireless network with IAP215 devices deployed over a school, but 6 of the 13 devices are connecting to the Virtual controller ( all these devices are on the same switch)

But the other devices are trying to create their own network and connect to a newly coming up VC. All the devices are in the same subnet, getting all their IP trough DHCP from the router on VLAN 1. But for some how they don’t communicate to the other VC.

I can ping from and to each other with no issues. I use HPE 1920 switches and have setup VLAN 1, 10 and 20. I have setup the ports to the devices to allow tagged 10 and 20 and untagged an vid 1.

There must be something that is blocked or so because they get all IP information from the same device without issues. I can ping them but they will not communicate to the VC.

Any Idea why this could be happening.

• 2.  RE: A few IAP devices are not connecting to VC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 04, 2017 06:28 PM

Make sure they all have the same version of Instant Code.

• 3.  RE: A few IAP devices are not connecting to VC

Posted Sep 04, 2017 06:53 PM

I have already did a update on all devices. So i think that is not the problem.

they all have the version 6.5.3.2

• 4.  RE: A few IAP devices are not connecting to VC

Posted Sep 04, 2017 07:23 PM

i think i figured it out. I had all the following enabled on my HPE 1920s switch:

DOS.PNG

And some of these settings where blocking the traffic between the AP's, anyone who has an idea wich setting this could be?

• 5.  RE: A few IAP devices are not connecting to VC
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 04, 2017 08:09 PM

i figured out that is the Prevent UDP Blat Attack setting that is blocking traffic that not schould be blocked.