Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

A way to display AP's upstream switch port

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  A way to display AP's upstream switch port

Posted Apr 10, 2015 02:20 PM

Does anyone know of a report or a filter view in AirWave that will show the switch port that an AP is connected to? I can get the AP's MAC address-to-switchport mapping info from the CLI, but I also have a filter view set up in AirWave that includes the AP name and MAC - it would be great if that view could also include the switchport that the AP connects to.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: A way to display AP's upstream switch port

Posted Apr 10, 2015 03:16 PM

Think I have something that will work (at least for my purposes): in the MAS web GUI, under 'Dashboard', you can go to 'Neighbor Devices' and find a mapping of MAC address to switch port to System Name, which is pretty much what I was after. You can sort or filter on those columns to narrow it down to what you want to see.

• 3.  RE: A way to display AP's upstream switch port

Posted Jul 09, 2015 01:25 PM

I am also curious about this - we need to do an audit of our documentation after a recent install and I see that you can list out the upstream device  in the device view, but it doesn't seem that you can specify the port of that device. This would save us a lot of manual audit time if there was a way to view/report on this from Airwave....

Thanks.

• 4.  RE: A way to display AP's upstream switch port

Posted Jul 16, 2015 04:33 PM

Disclaimer- this may not be the safest or most efficient method, but it works

LLDP Neighbor info can be found in the output of show ap tech-support ap-name "apname"

You can use AirRecorder (from the Aruba utilities page) to dump this info to a file. Then grep for relevant lines or filter in Excel.