Wireless Access

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AAA Profile Configuration for Captive Portal Authentication with Radius Server on 7010 WLC

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AAA Profile Configuration for Captive Portal Authentication with Radius Server on 7010 WLC

Posted Mar 18, 2018 11:04 PM

hi for wireless users captive portal authentication planning to set up Radius server (integrated with Active Directory). and added this server as a Radius in Aruba WLC.

May i know what is the configuration for AAA profile to use Radius server for wireless users authentication.

• 2.  RE: AAA Profile Configuration for Captive Portal Authentication with Radius Server on 7010 WLC

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 19, 2018 04:22 AM
    Are you using this with an Internal or External Captive Portal? Have you added the RADIUS server to the Captive Portal Portal Authentication Profile, not the AAA profile. You can find it by going to Configuration> Security> Authentication> L3 Authentication> Captive Portal Authentication.

• 3.  RE: AAA Profile Configuration for Captive Portal Authentication with Radius Server on 7010 WLC

Posted Mar 19, 2018 01:11 PM

Hi zalion0,

we are using internal captive portal.

yes we added Radius server to Captive Portal Portal Authentication Profile.

our plan is SSID with PSK, then user should redirect to get the Captive portal (local captive portal) and should use active directory user name & password (Radius is configured on domain controller and add authentication server in WLC as a radius server) to get the internet /network access.

what will be policy requried.

i thing dot1x-psk AAA profile we need to configure, am i correct. 

• 4.  RE: AAA Profile Configuration for Captive Portal Authentication with Radius Server on 7010 WLC
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 20, 2018 10:51 PM

Correct, your 802.1x auth profile will need to point to a psk profile. the "default-psk" works fine, should not have to change any of the settings.