Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ACMP 8 ebook problems

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ACMP 8 ebook problems

Posted Apr 05, 2018 11:45 AM
      |   view attached

I bought the ACMP study guide (HPE6-A44) from HPE press as an ebook but unfortunately they have chosen to use some horrible DRM from Adobe. On my android tablet most of the images don't display properly unless you restart the app every page. The images are pretty central part of this book so this makes reading very difficult.

Interestingly the HPE press were extremely unhelpful and first suggested I downgrade the app version which isn't possible and then that:

"We recommend you use your laptop to read your eBook."

I thought that HPE was a technology company about enabling solutions. Seems I was misktaken.

• 2.  RE: ACMP 8 ebook problems

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 11, 2018 05:13 PM

It's unfortunate the Android issue was not possible to resolve and apologies for the inconvenience caused. HPE Press eBooks use an encrypted DRM protected file that requires the use of the free Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) Reader from Adobe. Typically, the reader enables users to open their eBooks on Android tablets, phones, laptops, or other devices. Adobe offers the disclaimer that not all devices/OS are necessarily compatible with their latest ADE version. So, while I realize it's not the optimal solution, the best alternative may be to  download onto a different device, or switch formats to a printed or Kindle edition.