Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ALL AP not broadcasting SSID

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  ALL AP not broadcasting SSID

Posted Nov 26, 2019 12:46 AM

Greetings Everyone!

I just need help, there was an incident where SSID is not being broadcasted by ALL APs from the entire location.

What resolved it was a reboot of the controller. It seems that the APs were not connecting/associating/syncing to the controller.

I wanted to know what caused this, but dont know where to find and how based on the logs.

Someone's help is really much appreciated.

• 2.  RE: ALL AP not broadcasting SSID

Posted Nov 26, 2019 01:47 AM

Were any changes made on the controller prior to this incident?

vlans, IP etc?

Check the audit trail on the controller to see if any command was issued during that time - show audit trail.

check the logs for heartbeat missed between the APs and controller. Also take a look at the security logs for any events during that time range.

no paging

show log security 100

show log network 100

show log all

Have this information exported to a text file for easier analysis by logging your cli session.

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.
    --Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.

• 3.  RE: ALL AP not broadcasting SSID

Posted Nov 26, 2019 04:51 PM

like to thank you for replying, and prior posting here i have done those commands and even extracted the logs. Honestly I don't know where to check from those logs (flash, mswitch, var), so I just went to the vendor and have them analyze the logs.

Thank you!

• 4.  RE: ALL AP not broadcasting SSID

Posted Dec 04, 2019 04:59 PM

When AP not broadcasting, ssh to LOCAL controller where APs associate with, do "show ap database".  Do you see status of APs in question "UP"?

if APs are UP, do "show ap bss-table ap-name <Name of AP>" this will list all SSIDs that the AP broadcast.