Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AMP 7.3.7 upgrade path?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AMP 7.3.7 upgrade path?

Posted Mar 25, 2014 04:59 PM

Good evening all,

We have an old version of Airwave AMP 7.3.7 and i was wondering what the upgrade path would be.  I am pretty new to Aruba as i concentrate more on the Cisco portion of my enviroment.  I see the latest version says its only good for upgrading from the past 3 versions.

Honestly we havent done much with it from what I can tell.  Looks like we have 9 groups with maybe 140 devices total.  Not sure how accurate the inventory is or if i should consider reinstalling with the new version. 

Shutting down AMP doesnt impact the APs because its strictly monitoring...correct?

Thanks

Reed

• 2.  RE: AMP 7.3.7 upgrade path?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 25, 2014 05:23 PM

If I was in your shoes and the Airwave install currently isn't highly used or critical, I would go ahead and download the 7.7.10 ISO or OVA image from the support site and reinstall the application.  

If you wish to attempt an upgrade, the rule of thumb is you can skip one major revision on an upgrade.  

So at 7.3, I would upgrade to 7.5...then to 7.7.x.  

However, CentOS was also upgrade which may have special considerations in your install.  Might be worth a support case or a good read of the install/release notes.

• 3.  RE: AMP 7.3.7 upgrade path?

Posted Mar 26, 2014 10:41 AM

Since I have a licensed copy of AMP 7.3.7 are the more recent versions open to me or will have I have to purchase anything?

Thanks

Reed

• 4.  RE: AMP 7.3.7 upgrade path?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 26, 2014 02:55 PM

The license is only for the AirWave application in general.  So the license should be good regardless of AirWave version.  The access to the downloads is based on support contract.  If you have a current support contract and are able to visit support.arubanetworks.com -> downloads, then you should be able to start fresh with 7.7.10 ISO.

The main thing to think about is that our suggested server sizing is normally guaranteed for about 2 releases.  7.3 is 4 releases behind.  So you may want to double check the 7.7 server sizing guide to make sure that you're existing server will meet the needed resources.  Many new features have been added requiring additional resources.

• 5.  RE: AMP 7.3.7 upgrade path?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 02, 2014 03:22 AM
    If you have an active support contract for airwave, then all versions are available to you on our support site.