Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AMP Alert: Device Down (d8:c7:c8:c9:ff:ff) change email subject to site name

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AMP Alert: Device Down (d8:c7:c8:c9:ff:ff) change email subject to site name

Posted Mar 24, 2014 04:33 AM

Hi 

i have many branch to monitoring and i using an aiwave viresion 7.7.4

when i use the trigger send me an alert email ,there is only send a subject as AMP Alert: Device Down (ap-name)

but i need to change the subject as i want to, like a AMP Alert: Device Down (ap-name) (branch-name)

could i editable like as i said?

thank you everyone 

• 2.  RE: AMP Alert: Device Down (d8:c7:c8:c9:ff:ff) change email subject to site name

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 24, 2014 05:06 AM

You cannot do that.  Name your access points with the name of your site.

• 3.  RE: AMP Alert: Device Down (d8:c7:c8:c9:ff:ff) change email subject to site name

Posted Mar 24, 2014 05:28 AM

now our customer they has an APs more 10k numbers of APs and now running on production, they won't to editable to every APs name by adding brach name to last word

is this possible to make a change something like customize or etc., for them?

they have a plan to buy new AMP Server five more server, now available 8 AMP Server

thank you

• 4.  RE: AMP Alert: Device Down (d8:c7:c8:c9:ff:ff) change email subject to site name
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 24, 2014 05:37 AM

How do you know what site each access point is in?  Do you have them categorized by folder?  If so, you can change the sender notification email to something that has the site in it..  That means you will have to create a separate notification for each folder:

site.png

If your customer has 10K access points, I would have someone in TAC or your local Aruba person review your configuration to best advise you on the steps to take.  There are probably quite a few advantages that he/she would be able to suggest for your deployment.

• 5.  RE: AMP Alert: Device Down (d8:c7:c8:c9:ff:ff) change email subject to site name

Posted Mar 24, 2014 06:22 AM

ok joseph thank you for your advice