Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AMP Failover not reverting to "observing" state after upgrade

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AMP Failover not reverting to "observing" state after upgrade

Posted Jun 18, 2012 01:34 PM

So I just uodated AMP and AMP failover to v7.5.0. After this process the AMP failover is stuck in the failover state (watching the watched AMPs APs) for the watched AMP even though the watched AMP is up and running. During the upgrade process I made sure the failover AMP was disabled until after the code for both the watched AMP and itself (failover) was upgraded. Is there any way to get the AMP failover to revert back to observing the watched AMP again.    

• 2.  RE: AMP Failover not reverting to "observing" state after upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 18, 2012 05:56 PM

You can restore the failover server's data by doing this on the cli of the failover server:

# amp_restore -d /var/airwave-backup/watcher/<path to failover data backup>

• 3.  RE: AMP Failover not reverting to "observing" state after upgrade

Posted Jul 05, 2012 02:07 PM

Yeah but that causes issues because the current version won't match the running version. More specifically when I login it states that it is running 7.5.0 but when I check the version (amp_version) it states that it is running 7.4.2. The result is that the GUI will not load

• 4.  RE: AMP Failover not reverting to "observing" state after upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 06, 2012 01:19 AM

Is it possible that the backup you used to restore on Failover AMP is 7.4? IN that case I am wondering if "make" will fix the issue. I think it might be good to open a support case so one of the TAC engineers can take a look.

Sujatha

• 5.  RE: AMP Failover not reverting to "observing" state after upgrade

Posted Jul 16, 2012 11:05 AM

Yeah that is what the problem was, after I restored I was able to reinstall the upgrade and everything is working fine now